We’ll arrange a meeting at your convenience after your initial enquiry, to discuss potential of the project. Don’t worry, we don’t charge for this. You can tell us your ideas and requirements and we will advise you on the processes required to get your project underway. Unfortunately we can’t provide a quotation at the initial meeting due to unknowns.
At this stage it may be possible to give you an indicative budget cost for the proposed works. We will explain the feasibility of the project in terms of Planning and Building Regulation Legislation. We will also give you a brief overview of the project process and timescales associated with your project. We want you to draw from our knowledge and expertise to gain the most from the project.
Should you wish to proceed further with the project, we will prepare and submit an application for Town & Country Planning Consent. Most projects will require some form of Planning Consent or Conservation Consent application to the Local Planning Authority. We can prepare all the necessary documentation and drawings required and submit the application on your behalf.
If you already have drawings with planning and building regulations in place we are happy to provide a full specification and fixed price quotation within 10 working days. We will provide advice and design alterations to increase the suitability and impact of your existing drawings if required.
Once the specification has been finalised down to the last light fitting and power socket, the price will be fixed and agreed upon. A FMB approved plain English Contract or JCT Contract which is clear and unambiguous will be signed by both parties. The contract will state the following;
- Accurate Time Frame
- Work Commencement
- Insurance-backed Warranty Details (If Necessary)
- Payment Terms
- Day Work Rates (If Required)
The payment structure will depend on the size and scale of the project. We are paid every two weeks. The payments run alongside a work progress schedule drawn up to keep you up to date with progression on site. Most clients pay the installments by bank transfers (BACS).
There are always variations to budgets, the extent depends as much on the clients as the type of project. Most variations are due to clients changing their minds or adding additional works after the project has started.
Whilst work is in process;
- We will brief you on progress at regular intervals.
- Unavoidable problems or delays will be communicated as soon as possible.
- If there are changes to the work specified or extra costs, these will be confirmed in writing and agreed before work begins.
Home building company and our employees will at all times treat you and your property with respect and ensure that the working site remains a safe and healthy environment.
When the work is complete;
- We will leave the site clean and tidy and ready for use.
- Any relevant instructions and guarantees will be handed over to you and you will be properly briefed about any relevant maintenance or operating issues.
- A date will be arranged for us to return and complete any defects which may have arisen during the first few months.
We offer a defects liability period of 6 months after practical completion.